Plakidas Bridge | Zagori
Updated: Nov 20, 2019
A stone bridge built in 1814 situated between the villages Kipi and Koukouli, in Central Zagori.
It was initially a wooden bridge, but the abbot of Kipina monastery financed its improvement to save it. Thus, the bridge is also called Kalogeriko (means: of the abbot). Its name Plakidas is due to a person with this surname who repaired it. The bridge was used for transportation between the villages of Kipi and Koukouli.